Listed under Goderich
Menesetung Bridge
Contact Info:

Telephone: (519) 524-6988
Address:

PO Box 443
Goderich, Ontario, Canada
N7A 4C7
Museums & Attractions
In 1990, a group of local citizens came together to stave off demolition of the C.P.R. railway bridge over the Maitland River. The structure, the longest of its kind when built in 1907, was last used by the C.P.R. as a rail line in 1988 and now forms part of the G.A.R.T.- the Goderich to Auburn Rail Trail. The refurbishing of the structure was financed to a large extent by sponsors whose names are inscribed on planks and railings. This bridge will serve as a dramatic western terminus for the Goderich to Guelph trail which is currently under development. Looking west from the bridge, visitors have unobstructed view of the harbour, the mine, and Lake Huron. To the east lie magnificent views of the Maitland River Valley. Such vistas make the bridge one of the most frequently visited sites in the area as nearly 15 000 hikers, runners, walkers and fishers use the bridge on an annual basis. This monument to the area's history and its traditions in agriculture, transportation, and industry represents the interest of local citizens who continue to preserve this impressive structure for future generations.


Driving Directions:

Click here for a larger map and driving directions to Menesetung Bridge

GPS Coordinates courtesy of Huron County Geographic Information Services (GIS)